Share Your Colors!

• Share Your Colors!

Avatar Jackie updated 2 years ago 4 Members · 9 Posts

Jackie

at

Hello Everyone!

We thought we would add a topic for color substitutions. Color choices you are using instead of the paint color Danielle is showing. She is all about using What You Have On Hand!

I am using W&N Cobalt Turquoise Light instead of DS Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Genuine.

• Cynthia

Cynthia

at

I’m not good at keeping track of the colors I use unless a combination wows me enough to write it down. There’s a lil bit of everything in my practice sheets (I also have a wheel of color so the choices are many) Sleeping Beauty Turquoise is a big favorite, as well as Cascade Green, Moonglow and.. etc etc 🙂

Jackie

at

These practice sheets are wonderful! I am ordering a robax palette tomorrow! and I also like to just pick colors that I think will work with what I am painting, not always thinking to write them down.

• Cynthia

Cynthia

at

You will love the palette! I made my own with a spinning lazy susan and half pans, because the original is just too large for my workspace. I can fit as many pans of paint on this one in less space.

Yvette

at

Cynthia,

I love the idea of DIY spinning palette. I have one of the Robex and love it but I have more paint than what I bought. I was thinking about making something. Would you mind sharing a photo of your DIY lazy Suzy version?

Thanks in advance!

yvette

• Cynthia

Cynthia

at

Hi Yvette- here’s a quick photo of my messy palette. I covered the wood with a clear sheet of clear contact paper (sticky on one side) and placed half pans around it via sticky dots on the bottom of the pans. It is easy to remove and replace them all as needed. I can put a smaller porcelain palette in the center as I add colors. It’s not the prettiest set up, but it works well for me. (I have the color name written on the side of the pans in permanent ink)
    Hope that helps- if the robex isn’t large enough you can find lazy susans in larger sizes. I found the pans on ebay, there are sellers in Japan that offer them at a really low price.
    Best,
    Cindy

Yvette

at

Wow I love it! I can see how flexible it could be! Great idea. Mind if I borrow the idea? I want to do one for my non Daniel Smith colors. I have a decent amount of Windsor Newton and I have a nice 24 set of Holbein. All are professional quality and I’m afraid of them drying in the tubes! Plus I keep getting more Daniel Smith as I take Danielle’s classes????

Yvette

• Cynthia

Cynthia

at

Oh absolutely, feel free to use the idea. I just got a set of holbein for Christmas and I love them too. I haven’t met too many watercolors that I don’t like 🙂
    Have fun,
    Cindy

Jackie

at

Thanks, Cynthia for sharing your spinner! I still want to get a floral dish like that!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now