a pod of walruses

• a pod of walruses

Avatar Jackie updated 1 year, 11 months ago 10 Members · 20 Posts
  • Danielle

Danielle

Organizer
    at

I hope all of you are enjoying your extra long class this month! I can’t wait to see what you take away from it!

Please note that the gallery of goodness has been taken down since it was pretty slow going to keep updated and not a ton of peeps were taking advantage. I figured my time was better spent answering questions on occasion and giving all of you a chance to get connected!

take care,
    danielle

Mary

at

Exactly the kind of lesson I enjoy the most. SO much information to practice. I struggle with water color painting and too much water. This will be so good for me this month. Having a project to complete is also important since the animals are so darn cute, which makes the practicing easier and easier. Fantastic lesson this time. I really wish I could see the water jar also. Half of watercolor is water and how much you dip, clean, wipe off, etc. would be excellent for me to get the full picture. I have no idea how you would fit it all in on screen but if I was Samantha, I would wiggle my nose and it could be done. LOL

Kimma

at

Oh my gosh, what an amazing lesson! I LOVE all the extra information. I could never get bored learning from you or watching you paint. <3

Sheila

at

I am probably just missing it somewhere …but where is the supply page for this lesson? The link took me somewhere that said I don’t have access…. Thanks!

Mary

at

I’ve never been able to link to the monthly class supplies list, either. It always takes me back to the general supply list so I need to get that months DS watercolors in the video.. I just assumed there were no monthly supply lists. If there are, I can’t find them either.

• Veronica

Veronica

at

Sheila… scroll further down the page of Pod of Walruses… to where it says Supplies and Such …. in the next sentence you will see Supply Lesson…. click on that phrase and it takes you to the page you need.

• Veronica

Veronica

at

I tried to reply earlier but don’t really know what I’m doing in that department…so here goes again..

go to the Pod of Walruses main page…scroll down until you find Supplies and Such …then, click on Supply Lesson ..it should take you to the proper page to find the supplies…

Mary

at

Following this direction – it does take me to that link but it also says I don’t have access to that information. I tried in the beginning portion of the classes where you describe the supplies in general, also. There it says if we want the specific paints used, they will be updated about two weeks before the actual lesson. But no matter what less on click below that statement, it remains blank. Somehow the information is not being allowed to your students, I guess. But, if it is just the colors, I can get that information from the video. If there is other information, I sure would like to read it also. Thanks, Danielle.

Sheila

at

Veronica, Thank you! I found the water colors Danielle is using with the links to Amazon.
    Mary, I only saw the water colors. I got there through the Supplies and Such link. The first Supply List link doesn’t give us access to anything.
    Thanks, Ladies!

Mary

at

I tried the Supplies and Such link many times – nothing is listed- it’s just an empty page with the link for badges at the bottom. None of the links for any of the lessons work there. for me If I get the names of the watercolors from your video will there be anything else I have missed?

Julie

at

Seriously loved this lesson Danielle. Thank you so very much for all the extra “goodness” I feel super spoilt. I am surrounded by sweet little squares, they make me feel so accomplished :). Thanks for the lovely dialogue, you make me feel like I am sitting right next to you. xx Can’t wait to do my little walrus!

Anne

at

Loved the lesson ,but I can’t find the supplies list either and I find the site hard to navigate

• Veronica

Veronica

at

Anne and others… if Danielle has answered you guys …forgive me…but, here is how I get to the paints and colours for each lesson.

On main site, click on LEARN.. then, click on MY CLASSROOM when it shows in the side box.. (it may take two tries)
    On the next page click on YOUR COURSES
    On the page it takes you to…click on RESUME THE COURSE in the bright pink box.
    It goes to lesson of 4 or 5 for me now that I have been on the walrus page.. but, you will be on your own page of course. Doesn’t matter…

Then… on whatever page it goes to, scroll down… way down the page.. to SUPPLIES AND SUCH but don’t stop there …
    … continue over in the same line of text til you see SUPPLY LESSON … which is what you click on to go to the page you need.
    It says MUST HAVE SUPPLIES..
    Scroll down to any dark grey box you desire and click on for the paints for that particular lesson and be taken directly to the page with each paint colour on it.
    Click on any tube to find out more about it and how much … all the paints on the pod of walruses are between $10 and $14 on Amazon for the 15ml size ..

hope this helps to navigate to what you ladies need….

Sheila

at

Thank you, Veronica! That helped alot!

• Veronica

Veronica

at

woohoooo… one good thing Sheila … .. gotta love that.

Jennifer

at

I’m enjoying this months class so much I think I,m addicted to the Glazing technique you have taught us, it’s so much fun experimenting with this, not to mention our fabulous walrus project thanks for your generosity. I’m a bit sad there is only one more class will there be more next year they help me to keep practicing 🙂

• Danielle

Danielle

Organizer
    at

Ann – so sorry navigating the site is giving you trouble. I am constantly looking for ways to improve the site but some of it is in the hands of the service provider. Please be sure to let me know what specifically is a pain so I can take care of it and look for solutions.

Danielle

Millie

at

My walrus turned out so ugly he is cute and I was inspired to try a fox!walrus

Millie

at

My walrus turned out so ugly he is cute and I was inspired to try a fox!walrus

Jackie

at

Your walrus is not ugly and great fox!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now