a drift of bees

• a drift of bees

Avatar Jackie updated 1 year, 11 months ago 11 Members · 18 Posts
  • Danielle

Danielle

Organizer
    at

Show us your stuff! We can’t wait to see the bee’s you have created!

terri

at

Hi There,

Danielle used “chalky” watercolors to paint the bees “wings” which is the bees knees! I was wondering if using transparent watercolors work just as well as the two “chalky” colors malnly used are close to $20/tube each. I LOVE thses classes!

• Cynthia

Cynthia

at

Danielle, would it be possible in the future to include the supplies needed for the specific segment within the specific lesson for that segment? As is I have to go back and search the supplies list for each class and it appears that that list has changed since I last looked at it.
    Looking forward to the next batch of lessons, now off to paint some bees. 🙂

• Cynthia

Cynthia

at

In the past there was a supply list under each segment on the supply page, but that list is gone. I had to watch the second video in order to know what colors were used in the drift of bees.  Please make that a bit more user friendly? Thanks.

Mary

at

I’m so pleased that you have included the brush dips into water as part of the lesson! It was important for me in order to understand when, how much, etc. Thank you! I just had cateracts removed and can’t wait to get back to finish that last few classes! I also can’t wait to start Series 2 and the mini mushroom class! Hippee

Sydney

at

Simply Marvelous, cant wait for part 2!!!!!!!

Joyce

at

Seeing the water really helped me also. I’m struggling with getting enough water in the paints so that they stay wet yet not too diluted. I need to keep practicing!

• Cynthia

Cynthia

at

I finished my first bee today and will definitely be making more insects. As always, I enjoyed the lessons 🙂

Jackie

at

Cynthia! your bee rocks! wonderful job with the wings(which has me a little nervous…)

Jackie

terri

at

WOW oh WOW Cynthia!!! What a FABULOUS Bee!!!! The wings are PERFECT. and is everything else about him is as well.! Thanks for sharing. When things settle down after the holidays a bee is going to be the first thing I try!

Jackie

at

Cynthia, originally Danielle was listing each color under the specific lesson. As she continues to streamline certain areas of this site to make it easier for us to find supplies and for her to add to them, she has listed the paints and other supplies used in each lesson under Art Troop no5 course 1. You can find the drop down lists for each course under  BUYABLES> SUPPLIES>IN THE CLASSROOM. Thanks for your support!

• Cynthia

Cynthia

at

Hi Jackie,  they were not under the lessons on the day that I posted. I had to watch the video in order to snag the right colors out of my palette. They were listed in prior weeks but not on that day. Perhaps a website glitch, but thanks for the reply 🙂

• Cynthia

Cynthia

at

Thanks Terri, it was fun to do. I ended up covering the entire body with white hairs because it looked a bit better to my eye.  I’ve made a couple more and they each look different. Have fun with your bees 🙂

• Cynthia

Cynthia

at

Thank you Jackie, the wings are much easier than they look 🙂

Kimma

at

Can I make a suggestion about the supply list that might help resolve this?  Besides having the main supply list, maybe you can just list out the colors used during that particular lesson in a new “Colors Used” or “Supplies” section directly after the “Imagination” section and right before the first video.  🙂 xo

Melissa

at

This has been the best class I have taken from you by far. Perhaps some of it has to do with my taking the time to do the work properly. I have also found it is helpful for me to use a large journal, mark out the space for the drawing and leave plenty of white space for my notes. Fabulous Danielle! draft beeThank you!

Millie

at

beeLast one, so much fun!! Thank you Danielle!

Jackie

at

This bee is Fantastic! You did a wonderful job with the wings!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now