possibly because it has.
i must admit, blogging and website updates are not my faves. i wish i felt compelled to write more but if I have to choose between art and blogging. well. posts will be rare.
but there are so many wonderful things happening right now in my creative world that I thought I would just list them all and pretend for a moment to feel caught up!
I am the lucky recipient of my lovely friends newest and most wonderful book, Paper Hearts. Courtney Walsh was kind enough to ask me to be a part of her release party and you can find a little danielle donaldson downloadable to use as a device background or even to print and frame! I can’t wait to read her book. I just know it is going to be wonderful!
I am so excited to start my next online workshop hosted by my delightful and sassy friend, jeanne oliver. I just finished all of my handouts and samples and am heading into my (garage) video studio this week to film all my projects. This class is going to be creatively EPIC peeps! $28 early-bird pricing is available until february 2 – then it goes up to $48. Personally, I think even if you end up paying full price (with LIFETIME access) you will NOT be disappointed. BUT why pay full price when you can sign up now! To purchase the class you must be registered (it’s free!) on www.jeanneoliver.ning.com first. Once you get confirmation that you are registered on the site (be patient though – jeanne and staff personally accept each registration to be sure the spambots stay away) you can look under courses and select creativeGIRL: storybooks and studious girls.
I am also so excited (and possibly a little smidge of overwhelmed) about all of my in-person workshops that I have scheduled this year. I have several workshops ranging from an afternoon to a three-day workshop scheduled. They are all over the map in the US and even one in Canada. A couple are just in the planning stages so stay tuned for more details on those!
- My most wonderful class at donna downey’s studio only has 2 spaces left. I know a bunch of the participants from past workshops and even some sunshine-filled online friends that I am so excited to see in person!
- For my canadian friends – I will be at sleepy dog farm in victoria, bc for a most relaxing and fulfilling workshop hosted by Andrea Soos – Six Breaths Retreat. I am pretty sure that it has only a space or two left. It sounds heavenly and I cannot wait!
- I am teaching close to home and heart in april at art-is-you in petaluma, ca. my dear friend, lisa (who lost her brave battle with cancer last year) was a big part of art coming back into my life. because I work full time, i had not joined lisa at art-is-you in the past but I know that when I am there I will be surrounded by her spirit and those who continue to love her. Registration opens soon so keep an eye out!
- I also part of a fab line-up of amazing artists at a roaring twenties affaire (artistic bliss designs). Kim Allistair Caldwell organizes the most beautiful luxurious events!
- Life Book 2015 is under way but it is not too late to join in the fun and friend-making. I have been seriously impressed with the wonderful videos and community within.
And last, but not least – I have been working very hard on completing my first book, creativeGIRL: mixed-media projects for an artful life. it is full of some of my favorite projects and insight to my own personal art process including how I organize my little, creative world. although it is not available until july, 2015 you can pre-order it now on amazon.
- I am throwing myself my very own book release party! I do have just a few spots left and it will be quite possibly the best party ever – I hope you will join me at the kennedy school hotel in portland, or!
- I have a couple more central/mid-west book release workshops in the works and will do my best to actually blog about them when I have the details.
Well, whew! I think that covers all my BIG stuff so far this year! (And I am sure I missed stuff) I will leave you with a little January eye-candy – a little glimpse of what is magically flying out of my fingers right now. And leave a comment, let me know what you are up to or if you have any questions for me!