As I mentioned in my book, creativeGIRL: Mixed Media Techniques for an Artful Life, there are a specific set of supplies and tools I always have handy. This creative supply kit includes the essentials for the projects in my book, my in-person workshops and online classes.
NorthLight books has put together an amazing little go-to kit that includes my book and some great supplies as an amazing price! Check it out here!
Here’s a list of the supplies I always have on hand. I will update this with my faves as my style and content changes. If you are joining me for an online or in-person class, this is a great place to start!
- Grumbacher Pan Watercolor Set (Transparent, 24-colors) or if you want to take it up a notch, you can invest in Sennelier Half Pans.
- Watercolor-only brushes in a variety of sizes (1/4″ to 1/2″ angle, oval, dagger and round)
- Clear container of clean water I love half-size mason jars for traveling)
- Paper towels
- Mechanical pencils (no larger than 5mm)
- table salt
- white vinyl eraser
- white paint markers
- watercolor paper (start with Cold Press, no less than #140 weight)
- artist tape
- oversized clipboard and/lap-sized white board