danielle donaldson, mixed-media artist
Danielle Donaldson began her colorful and creative path in the art world as most young souls do, with crayons and a stack of coloring books. In her earliest years, she soaked in as much as she could about all things color and how to get them on paper in ways that made people smile. In high school and her early years in college, she focused her artistic efforts in watercolor and graphite drawing techniques. She then focused the remainder of her studies in graphic design. In that she learned the careful balance between the stories she tells with her pencils and paints – and – what others around her were drawn to.
After college, Danielle moved to Colorado with her husband, Scott and their growing family and focused her efforts on raising her children and infusing them with her love of visual story-telling. With that shift, she stumbled into the scrapbook world which allowed her to capture the memories of her children and tell the stories. This discovery opened doors for her to work within the scrapbook industry designing products, teaching techniques in small and large venues, and contribute to several books and magazines on a regular basis.
Danielle and her family returned to Northern California in 2001. She has since sent both of her children to out-of-state universities and has filled her time with learning new art techniques and finding her creative niche again.
Currently Danielle still lives in Northern California and works with any combination of mediums, particularly watercolor, acrylics and mixed-media. Each canvas tells her stories that need to be told. Once piece at a time, of course.
- For more information about licensing Danielle’s art, please contact Painted Planet Licensing
- Danielle has a background in fine art and a degree in Graphic Design from California State University, Chico.
- Creating Keepsakes Magazine (Monthly Issues)
- Creating Keepsakes Special Issues
- The Scrapbooking Hall of Fame, vol. 7
- 52 Scrapbooking Challenges by Elsie Flannagan
- Easy Patterns with Brenda Arnall
- Scrapbooking A-Z
- Deluxe Color Blocking Idea Book 2
Past Product Design
- Frances Meyer
- Deluxe Designs
- Memories Complete